Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Intention is everything!

I have often felt and been misunderstood in my life.  It can be frustrating, but it reminds you to look within and to ask what your intention is.  I know that looking back, I understand people now that I didn't understand before.  Life has a way of teaching you, so you can grow and bloom into a fuller you.  Looking back, I remember feeling very misunderstood when I became a vegetarian around twelve or thirteen.  Some people would get angry and defensive at my choice.  I never said everyone should be a vegetarian.  I just didn't like the taste, the texture, or the thought of it.  I know people thought I was weird.   Still do.  ;)  My Mom was so supportive and never once tried to make me eat meat ever again.  She's one who has not always understood my choices, but totally honored them and loved me.  I often have chosen the road less traveled, in my thinking, parenting, spirituality, etc.  The interesting thing about the people who I angered with my food choices is that my intention was to do what felt right for me.  I knew in my heart that my choice was right.  I think the perception was that I thought they were wrong.  I don't have to think "they" are wrong, but that it is "wrong" for me.  I may not understand them either, not even just their food preferences, but also their judgy behavior...which I don't have to!  YAY!   I chose to respect others.  That works for me.  Some may have thought I had the thinking that I was better than them because of being a vegetarian, which is so not true. I don't think I'm better than anyone.  I don't play that game. 

Self love is something I understand now that I did not in the past.  Years ago, if I saw someone really confident, flaunting how beautiful they are, I may feel threatened and jealous.  If I personally knew them, I hope I wouldn't be, but my own insecurity probably would have compared myself to them and had to make them "wrong" to feel better.  I would have labeled them as narcissistic.  Which is BS because I don't know their intention.  Maybe they just like the way they look and they are proud of themselves.  It DOES NOT make them narcissistic.  That's a funny word to me because it means self-love but to excess, that you lack empathy for others, and you think you are more important than others.  Well, how the hell would I know what others think anyway?  If someone loves themselves from the place of ego, it's not love.  If they LOVE themselves from their true self, they radiate something special.  You are attracted to them.  Confidence really is sexy.  I love being secure within myself that I applaud others, cheering them one.  When someone feels good about themselves, I literally could cry tears of joy, because it's such a beautiful thing.  And I know if they truly love themselves, they have so much love for others. I know people may not understand my self-love journey and why I am the way I am. I'm okay with that. I still love me and I'm gonna shout it from the rooftops to inspire others. And I'll still cheer the haters on.  They may think...who do I think I am?  I'm  me.  (Another inspiration from Oprah-who I feel is a friend even though we never met.)

So the lesson I learned is people don't have to "get" you.  Some will NEVER understand you. When they question, challenge, or judge you...look within.  Focus on your intention.  My intention in any conflict with anyone is for peace and to come from love.  This is a challenge, but I'll keep at it.  Understanding yourself is the most wonderful feeling ever.  That's what really matters.  You know who you are.  And some will never really know you.  So stop trying to get them to like, get, understand, approve, know, love, or accept you.  Their lens, perspective, understanding and life is just different than yours.  Don't take it personally.  Just LOVE YOU.  Send them love on a spiritual level.  And keep doin' your thing!  Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment