Saturday, November 20, 2010

*Need to be right*

I like to be right,  we all do.  But I will sometimes keep acting like a yipee dog when I know I'm wrong, I just keep going.  Knowing when to surrender doesn't mean you're weak, it means that you realize you're really not losing anything anyway.  There can be more than one right, we can all be right, and seriously who cares sometimes.  My ego, or the part of me that always needs to prove itself, loves the conflict.  The wiser, real true part of me, doesn't even say my opinion if it causes drama.  If someone's energy is such that you know there is no benefit to dicussing your differing opinions, don't bother.  My 20-something self use to get so annoyed if my opinion wasn't respected.  I thought I had to be right but really I wanted to be respected and UNDERSTOOD.  When you really think about it, it's inpossible to understand anyone's viewpoint, when you haven't lived in their shoes.  It's a waste of time and energy, I have learned this from my kids.  Arguing about what color something is, or whether that was a rude comment, oh what...nonsense.  They say don't sweat the small stuff and I get it.  This can be applied to life, family & friends included.  I just keep allowing the better part of me to shine through...biting my tongue and just sending love instead.  In the end...what matters most, the love we give or how many times we were right.  Sending love to everyone, give thanks for your blessings and may they be mutiplied.     

No comments:

Post a Comment